Wednesday, February 4, 2009

HOME

We had a wonderful trip to Jacksonville North Carolina
Spent the weekend with Jon who picks up PFC on the 1st of February
OohRah

I took a few pictures.... (family doesn't take many pictures so it is always left up to me to be the picture taker.... so im sure the one of me meeting the Commandant of the Marine Corp is not good quality)
Yes I met the Commandant of the Marine Corp... what an honor to just speak with him for a moment ... there was a photographer there... may see if i can get a copy of the photo...

Jon looked great in his cammies.... but then I being his mom thinks he looks great no matter what.

That evening before we went out to eat... ( it was Jon's 24th Birthday) we went to a scrapbook store Oh MY GOSH OMG!!!! good thing I don't live here......
they had so much stuff... all kinds of military paper and embellishments and they are available on line too but man on man the Marine stuff awesome... I could have spent a WHOLE lot MORE!!!!!

We had an hour wait at the resturant... but all in all it was a good night
the kids slept in on Saturday.... Ron and I went to breakfast at the hotel... and then rested and read for a while... before going out and about around town... Did i mention that it is a Marine Town every where that you look there are bumper stickers and ribbons and signs supporting the Marines it is wonderful....

Before dinner at Applebee's we did some shopping the kids went to old navy... me and ron went to Michaels... now I don't have a local Michaels close to me so I was very happy to wander the scrapbook, stamp aisles :)

i have since made my card for the valentine swap... grs weather is not cooperating... roads are bad and we are under a winter weather advisory so I will be doing a express mail of my swap to my secret valentine.

I have made a card for the Love challenge on a scrapbook group i belong to... will post it here after the voting is done :)
thinking about my sketch for the 52 sketches challenge... and also trying to learn a new technique ... and planning week one challenge

will catch you all later Happy scrappin

1 comment:

Christy said...

I'm lucky enough to have seen the card!!!! It's SUPER cute!!

Chocolate

Chocolate

chels and colton

chels and colton